The Just for Laughs Group has been the driving force behind the largest comedy festivals in the world for over 40 years. Its various products are well known to audiences in Canada and abroad (the Just for Laughs Galas, Just for Laughs Gags, Just for Laughs Festivals, etc.) The Group remains the world leader in the distribution of comedy television series and the producer of some the most prestigious comedy festivals around the globe; discovering the stars of tomorrow!
The team at Just for Laughs is currently looking for a Festival Assistant for the 2023 Montréal and Toronto Festivals. As the Festival Assistant, you will provide day-to-day administrative support to the VP of Festivals and Directors of Programming. The successful applicant must have strong organizational and communication skills, be computer literate (Excel) and be able to multi-task and function in time-sensitive and high-pressured situations.
Duration: This is a temporary position, starting in March through until October 2023.
Location: Montreal, QC
Performs a broad variety of administrative tasks for the VP of Festivals, Head of Programming & other senior staff in the Festival department including, but not limited to:
- Managing multiple extremely active calendars of appointments and call sheets;
- Assisting the VP of Festivals and Head of Programming in the workflow of approvals of various items such as marketing assets, press releases, offers, budgets etc.;
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the VP of Festivals, Head of Programming and other internal departments and team members;
- Completes projects and special assignments as assigned by the VP of Festivals which may include creative problem solving, working with multiple company departments and extensive research;
- Participates in conference calls and meetings as needed and prepare meeting minutes and follow-ups;
- Completing expense reports;
- Completing monthly credit card settlements;
- Filing and submitting invoices etc.;
- Composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential;
- Arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas and compiling documents for travel-related meetings;
- Related administrative duties including running errands, creating purchase orders, organizing files, etc.;
- Providing general administrative support to the JFL Festival department, as directed by the VP of Festivals.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2 years in a similar role;
- Post-secondary education;
- Excellent communication skills (English and French, oral and written);
- Well organized with a strong sense of maturity and strong interpersonal skills;
- Independent self-directed worker focused on completing all required tasks;
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience exercising discretion and confidentiality with sensitive company information;
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work;
- Ability to work from the Just for Laughs offices at least 2-days per week, increasing during peak workload times from May onwards.